What do I need to do to apply?
After you are feeling more definite about religious life and the Sisters of Bon Secours, we invite you to request becoming a pre-candidate. It is a time for mutual understanding of your call to Bon Secours. The vocation director will help you to continue to discern the action of God in your life and to continue to grow in your choice. You will visit the sisters more and learn more about the spirit and of our community. This is the point when you begin the application process.
The application process includes:
- Applicant’s information form
- Copies of sacramental documents, transcripts,etc.
- Health history and complete psychological assessment
- Legal history
- Work history
- Financial disclosure/credit report
- Release forms
- Three letters of reference
- Interview with the President of the Province
What happens after I’m accepted?
To begin the transition into Candidacy, you and the vocation director will begin discussing how to prepare for entrance. You’ll talk about where you will be living, ministry options, what to bring, what you wish to do with your assets, orientation, and so on. The vocation director will accompany you at each step of the way.