Discover Your Vocation
*Vocation: a summons or strong inclination to a particular state or course of action; especially: a call to the religious life
- Do you sense a call to make God the center of your life lived in community and service as a sister?
- Do you alternate between feeling awe and excitement and at times feel humbled that God might be calling to be a sister?
- Does the idea of giving your life through compassion, healing and liberation to serve the sick, the poor and most vulnerable, and advocating to create for a more humane world with others in a faith-filled meaningful way keep surfacing?
You may want to explore more seriously if God is calling you to become a Sister of Bon Secours.
The questions everyone wants to know are:
- Am I called?
- How will I know?
- Do I want to be a sister:
- What is required?
- Where do I begin and what steps do I take to explore my vocation?
We hope to answer to these questions here.
In each pivotal life decision, there comes a time of deep prayer and contemplation. A time to pull back the layers of our life to discover our truest and deepest self, trusting that God will lead us where we will be the most effective.
For those contemplating serving God as a vowed sister in religious life, do not rush this spiritual journey. It is a time of holy listening, deepening our relationship with God and finding great joy and comfort in God’s presence.